The Warren Band & Color Guard proudly supports, honors and encouarges the six pillars of Character: Caring, Trustworthiness, Respect, Citizenship, Responsiblity, Fairness.
Within those traits we emphasize specific traits:
Dedication, passion, commitment,integrity, upholding our rules/procedures, loyalty, cooperation, self discipline, dependable, do what you say, good sportsmanship.
Thank you everyone that auditioned or has committed to being in band and color guard next year. Below are the ensemble rosters. Remember - everyone must attend an orientation meeting to be officially enrolled. Both the student and at least 1 parent or adult must attend. There are three options!
Otientation Meeting Options
Rose Hills Memorial Day Celebration ~ Monday May 28th 11am
The Warren band has been invited to perform at the Rose Hills Memorial Day Celebration. In fact we were invited over a year ago. This event has been on the calendar since that time - over a year ago. We performed at this event in May of 2016 and it was a very pleasant and enjoyable way to spend part of our memorial day. I encourage all families to attend this event...it will touch your heart! Call time for students is 9am. We will transport students via school bus to and from the event. It is free to attend, but it does fill up so you will want to arrive early with the band. We will also need chaperones and a trailer driver. The picture to the left was taken when we performed at this event in 2016. See itinrary below.
Gradudation Commencement Ceremony 2018 ~ Friday June 1st @ Long Beach City College.
The Warren bands final performance each year is at graduation. The band combines all students into 1 large ensemble and performs music prior to the start of the event and then kicks off graduation with the classic "Pomp and Circumstance". Student attire is black tux/dress. Students are transported via school bus to and from this event. No percussionists are allowed to participate. If they wish to be part of graduation they must find their own ride and sit in the stands, they will not be allowed onto the field. See itinerary below.
Physical Exam Reminder!
All students participating in marching band/color guard are required to complete a physical exam every year. Here are the rules
1. You can complete your physical exam here at Warren HS on Monday June 4th from 11am-1pm for $20 cash. Please bring the forms with you that are below.
2. If you do not complete your physical at Warren on June 4th, you must complete it between July 1st and July 22nd. Physicals taken prior to July 1st will not be accpeted. Only physicals taken after July 1st will be accepted!
3. Once you complete the physical exam, turn in your physical to Mr. Niemeyer or Mrs. White.
4. Go to the website: www.athleticclearance.com and complete the online process.
For past three decades the Warren band boosters have been the proud sponsors of one of 17 fireworks stands in the city of Downey. We are fortunate and thankful that we continue to receive this opporunity. The funds raised during this event help us have a successful marching band season year after year.
Buyout: $150 due by July 1st
*If you buyout you do not have to sell coupons or work at the booth. You are completely excused from this fundraiser!
*If families prepay for their coupon packet, the parents will be exempt from volunteering at the booth.
What do students do?
1. Sell a minmum of 10 persale coupons. (each coupon is worth $10 which equals $100)
2. All unsold coupons must be returned on June 29th. If studnet misplaces or looses the coupons, they will have to pay for them. These
coupons are just like cash!
3. They help promote the booth by holding signs, playing their instruments in front of the booth. (when not in rehearsal)
4. Students cannot work in the booth unless they are 18 years old.