Mr. Niemeyer has been the band director at Warren HS since the Fall of 2003. In Mr. Niemeyer's fourteen years at Warren, he has help expand the jazz program, build a broader percussion program and design and teach AP Music Theory. The band programs size has steadily been increasing and achieving at superior levels.
As a musician, Mr. Niemeyer's principal instrument is percussion. Mr. Niemeyer also spends time serving the SCSBOA as an adjudicator in both the fall and spring - Field and Festival.
- Serra HS, San Diego CA. 1993-1996
- Washington State University, Pullman WA. 1998-2002
Magna Cum Laude Bachelors of Music, Music Ed
- American Band College of Sam Houston State University, Ashland OR. 2008-2010
Magna Cum Laude Masters of Music, Conducting
- SCSBOA All Southern Honor Band Manager 2010
- Long Beach Middle School Honor Band Guest Conductor 2016
- Beverly Hills Middle School Honor Band Guest Conductor 2017
Mercy White is a former band parent. As a former parent she understands the level of activity and ins and outs of the organization. Mercy is bilingual in English and Spanish and is happy and ready to help serve our community of families.
Monday-Friday 10am-3pm (September-June)
Phone: 562-869-7306 x5616 (office)
Arturo is in his fourth year teaching at Warren HS. Arturo is a former student of Warren HS and is currently a music ed major at Cal State Long Beach. Arturo has also worked with and also works in the same position at Santa Ana HS. Arturo's role on staff is to assist with visual rehearsals and tech the brass.
- Warren High School
- Long Beach State University (currently enrolled)
- City Sound Drum and Bugle Corps, 2011
Marrand is a graduate of the Warren HS band program. 2017 will be Marrands second year on staff with the Warren band and color guard. Marrand is also attending college at Cal State Long Beach. Marrand is a proficient woodwind player with the ability to play Clarinet. While at Warren, Marrand served as a drum major for two years.
- Warren HS
- Cal State Long Beach (currently enrolled)
Kim is a recent graduate of Warren HS and alumnist of the color guard. Kim will be working closely with Gabe and Tony to provide more 1 on 1 and small group instruction to help the members of the color guard learn and refine their skill.
- Warren HS
- Long Beach City College ~ Currently Enrolled
Jackson joined the saff in the fall of 2016. His primary resonsbility will be working with the front ensemble but to also work with all percussionists in the pursuit to become better musicians. Jackson holds a music education degree from Long Beach State University and has held percussion coaching positions at schools such as Ayala, Baldwin Park and more.
- Long Beach State University, Bachelor's in Music Education
- Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets
Allen Makishima is a music educator and marching percussion specialist living in Southern California. For over 15 years, he has worked with numerous successful programs such as Warren High School (2015 SCPA Bronze Medalist, 2014 SCSBOA Bronze Medalist), and Laguna Hills High School (multiple time WBA and SCPA Finalist). Allen earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education from CSU Long Beach in 2013.
- Cal State Long Beach, Bachelors in Music
- Pacific Crest Drum and Bugle Corps, '99-'00
- Black Knights Independent Indoor Drum Line '02