2019 Downey Christmas Parade ~ Sunday December 1st 1pm
On Sunday December 1st all band & color guard students will come together to march in the Downey Holiday Parade. Please see the itinerary below.
Note - this parade is during our Fall Break. Students need to take the instruments home for break so they have them for the parade.
City website: https://downeychamber.org/christmasparade/
Holiday Caroling ~ December 6,7,13,14
Every year the band & color guard goes out caroling to spread holiday cheer and generate donations to our program. This event is very identical to our decal drive. Students are in groups of 4 and must provide an adult to drive them. Groups and their driver meet in the band room each night at 5:30pm where they receive a map and other items. Students must wear their band/guard polos & jackets but are also encouarage to decorate with fun hats, socks, lights, etc. Students are expected to go out all 4 nights.
For more information, please visit the fundraising page.
Winter Concert ~ Wed. December 11th 7pm @ Downey Theatre
The winter concert features the wind ensemble, concert band and Jazz I ensemble. This is an annual concert that we present at the Downey Theatre.
1. All students report to theatre by 4pm for rehearsal.
2. All students must wear concert attire. Ladies long black professional classy dress or black pant suit with flat black dress shoes. Gentlemen black tuxedo with black vest and black neck tie - white buttton up shirt with black dress shoes.
1. Tickets are $7 per person. You can purchase tickets online or at the box office window.
2. The concert will last appx 1.5 hours
3. Most music is holiday themed music, but not all
4. Please attend and bring your whole family
Student Holiday Party ~ Thursday December 19th 5-9pm @ WHS Cafeteria
Every December we have a student holiday party. Students are fed dinner and enjoy an evening with their friends and peers in band & color guard. The student leadership team helps put this event together from providing Fall semester awards to organizing a secret santa. The night is capped off with some dancing. This event is not mandatory, but many students attend and enjoy this event. Attire is semi formal.
All students in the marching band/color guard must complete a physical exam between July 1st & July 31st
To complete a physical exam, you can do one of the following:
1. Set up an appointment with your doctor and take the form below with you.
2. Complete the physical exam Monday June 3rd at 11am here at Warren HS. $20 cash only. Bring form with you!
3. Complete at MVP here in Downey located here in Downey by the Krikorian Theatre. Call them to schedule an appointment and the cost is the same - $20.
4. Once you have completed your physical exam you will need to go online and complete the clearance process. Please visit www.athleticclearance.com. It is easy, just register and begin the process.