The Warren band and color guard is part of the visual and performing arts department at Warren High School in Downey California. Earl Warren High School opened it's doors in 1955 becoming the second high school in the Downey Unified School District. Approximately 3,800 students attend WHS in grades 9-12. There are 200 students enrolled in instrumental music classes this school year. The instrumental music department is supported by the West and Griffiths Middle School music programs.
Students have the opportunity to excel in instrumental music at Warren:
Comitted, Dedicated, Passionate, United, Family - We are Warren!
Students in the band and color guard have an opportunity to travel to San Francisco this Spring. The trip is set for April 25,26,27. There is a lot of information pertaining to the trip. Soon there will be a trip packet available for download here.
1. This is not a "mandatory" trip...it is for any student who would like to travel to San Fran and perform in a band festival in Northern California.
3. The trip is all inclusive. The monetary cost of the trip covers all aspects of the trip including all meals. The only thing it does not cover is souvenirs. Students have to pay in full to go on the trip.
3. Parents we need 6 chaperones if possible. We have 3, so 3 more would be perfect.
4. We will be performing in the Northern California Band Association large band festival. Students must attend extra rehearsals to prepare for this...see the calendar...they are listed. Rehearsals are Wednesdays from 3-4:30 during the month of April.
1. Discount Cards - sell for $5 make $4 profit!
2. Pretzel Rods - each box has 52 rods. Make 50 cents per stick. That is $26 per box profit!
3. Scratch Card - ask friends, teachers, neighbors...any one to scratch off an area of the card. What ever amount is listed under the scratched off portion is what they donate to you. Each person who donates gets a raffle ticket and is entered to win gift cards at our drawing.
4. Sponsorship Letters - send off letters to friends and family...heck even businesses that you partronize often and ask for their support.